CMake and xml output

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Sat Apr 30 21:00:28 CEST 2011

On Saturday 30 April 2011 18.20.07 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 30 April 2011, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experimenting with setting up a continious integration server for
> > kdepim*. Everything seems to work ok except for collecting the results
> > from CTest. If I understand the documentation correct CTest should
> > produce a collection of .xml files as result but all I see is three
> > plain text files. Does anyone here know why and hopefully how I can
> > change this?
>
> great that you want to set this up.
> What do you want to do with the xml result files from ctest ?
> If you simply use cdash, and there are already projects for kdepim set up on
> my.cdash.org, everything should just work.
>
> Are you trying to do something different ?
>
> If so, why ?

I'm trying to set up the whole push->build->test chain and if I understood
CDash correctly that is just for showing results. Which would mean I would
have to implement the rest of the chain my self. But I could get the xml
results from CTest I would get away with implementing the conversion from
CTest xml to JUnit xml as that seems to be more or less the standard (among
the systems I've looked at).

Also I'm not sure if this is just a missunderstanding or configurable but
CDash seems to group results on a per computer basis and not on a per project
basis.

I would also like to have the ability to show the results over time and I've
been unable to find this feature in CDash.

/Regards
Torgny