openssl cmake module

matthias sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:56:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
<kubito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:
>
>> I had a look, now I remember.
>> There is now quite a lot of stuff in it which I don't understand, like
>> those "eay" libraries and and the FindLibraryWithDebug file which will
>> probably break something on Windows if it is removed.
>>
>> The FindOpenSSL.cmake from CMake 2.6.4, which we depend on, doesn't look for
>> the crypto library, so simply removing FindOpenSSL.cmake from kdelibs would
>> not help your problem with libcrypto.
>>
>> Starting with cmake 2.8.0 FindOpenSSL.cmake checks for libcrypto.
>> It has also some handling for debug and release builds on Windows, but I can't
>> really comment on this, our Windows developers have to check that.
>>
>> So, we cannot simply remove the FindOpenSSL.cmake we have in kdelibs.
>> Either the one we have has to be updated to e.g. the one from CMake 2.8.4 or
>> 2.8.0, or a higher version of cmake needs to be required by KDE.
>> But I'd like to wait a bit with requiring a higher cmake version.
>> I'd like to see what comes out of the platform 11 meeting, maybe we'll need a
>> higher cmake version afterwards, and I wouldn't want to increase the required
>> version twice.
>>
>> So, can you pelase check that it works for you if you replace the
>> FindOpenSSL.cmake in kdelibs with the one from CMake 2.8.4 ?
>
> Matthias, your turn to say you're still there :)

yes, I realize.. :) thanks for looking into the issue, Alex; and
thanks for reminding me Raphael ;)

I have briefly taken a look but I run into trouble when running cmake
(after upgrading my cmake from 2.8.1 to 2.8.4), so I need more time to
investigate. I report back to you next week with more info. I am still
on kde 4.4.4 here, so I might have to upgrade kde as well, i guess.

cheers
matthias