openssl cmake module

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 21:49:53 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 13 April 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 April 2011, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com> writes:
> > > For now, we need to wait for Alexander Neundorf's instance on
> > > FindOpenSSL.cmake.
> >
> > Alex, are you there? :)
>
> Don't have time today and tomorrow, I'll check Friday evening (...or over
> the weekend).

I had a look, now I remember.
There is now quite a lot of stuff in it which I don't understand, like
those "eay" libraries and and the FindLibraryWithDebug file which will
probably break something on Windows if it is removed.

The FindOpenSSL.cmake from CMake 2.6.4, which we depend on, doesn't look for
the crypto library, so simply removing FindOpenSSL.cmake from kdelibs would
not help your problem with libcrypto.

Starting with cmake 2.8.0 FindOpenSSL.cmake checks for libcrypto.
It has also some handling for debug and release builds on Windows, but I can't
really comment on this, our Windows developers have to check that.

So, we cannot simply remove the FindOpenSSL.cmake we have in kdelibs.
Either the one we have has to be updated to e.g. the one from CMake 2.8.4 or
2.8.0, or a higher version of cmake needs to be required by KDE.
But I'd like to wait a bit with requiring a higher cmake version.
I'd like to see what comes out of the platform 11 meeting, maybe we'll need a
higher cmake version afterwards, and I wouldn't want to increase the required
version twice.

So, can you pelase check that it works for you if you replace the
FindOpenSSL.cmake in kdelibs with the one from CMake 2.8.4 ?

Thanks