openssl cmake module

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:33:41 CEST 2011

matthias sweertvaegher <matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com> writes:

> In the meanwhile I followed your clue about the linker flags and
> you're right. -Wl,--no-undefined seems to be the culprit. This forces
> all external symbols to be found in an explicitly listed dependency. I
> tried adding the --allow-shlib-undefined flag. However, this does not
> seem to override the no-undefined flag. Only thing left seemed to
> remove the no-undefined flag. The only way I found using cmake:
>  SET (CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS)
> This works on my local box but not on the build service (i verified
> that it was using my modified build file). So then I tried:
>  STRING(REPLACE "-Wl,--no-undefined" "" CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS
> ${CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS})
>
> This works. Or is there a better way to remove a linker flag?

I am not sure there's another way to do that, but doing so is hackish
and should not be needed.

I recommend either waiting for kdelibs' FindOpenSSL to sync with
upstream or temporarily work around it by explicitly linking to
libcrypto besides libssl.

For now, we need to wait for Alexander Neundorf's instance on
FindOpenSSL.cmake.