cmake for python projects (was: KDE/kdegames)

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Mon Sep 27 23:35:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

On pirmadienis 27 Rugsėjis 2010 14:49:07 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> "Distribution packagers do NOT want cmake to error out on missing
> runtime dependencies" as above, I'm a packager and I'd rather it did,
> I'd certainly prefer to have warnings.

How is having kdebindings (or anything that's not actually needed at build
time) in build dependencies a good thing and why would anyone want that? The
fewer build dependencies, the less risk of breaking the build, the happier
maintainers and other people working on the distribution as a whole. What's
more, this is kdebindings we talking about. It is mind-blowing enough to
package and maintain in a sane state. There is no need to keep other KDE
modules unbuilt just because one small app needs kdebindings at run-time.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>