introduce pkg-config files

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 19:33:23 CEST 2010

On 25.10.10 12:56:25, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 25 October 2010 12:29:42 pm Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> > Allen Winter wrote:
> >
> > > Adding the KDE Buildsystem to this discussion..
> > >
> > > My only concern is that pkg-config files are typically installed in
> > > locations (like /usr or /usr/local) where the regular user doesn't have
> > > write-access. Thereby causing problems when installing KDE as a regular
> > > user.
> > When you install an autotools package to /home/user/prefix, it installs pkg-
> > config files to /home/user/prefix/lib/pkgconfig. Then you need export
> > PKG_CONFIG_PATH to inform pkg-config about this location.
> > >

> okey, good.
> then the kde pkg-config files would be installed in CMAKE_PREFIX_INSTALL/lib/pkgconfig, I guess.
>
> cool.
>
> then I can't think of any other objections.

The only thing I can think of is that it duplicates information at least
for kdepimlibs and kdebase. Those two modules already install the cmake
config files which (should) contain the same information. Wether or not
that is/should be blocking the addition of pc-files I don't know.

Andreas

--
You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.