CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH vs. CMAKE_[INCLUDE|LIBRARY|PROGRAM]_PATH

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud at ya.ru
Fri Oct 8 15:46:14 CEST 2010

Ingomar Wesp wrote:

> You might have guessed that I'm not too familiar with cmake, so let me
> outline the problem I ran into:
>
> I tried to build and install the following from trunk in the following
> sequence: phonon, kdesupport/soprano, kdesupport/akonadi,
> kdesupport/attica, kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase.
>
> For all of them I used a custom CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX pointing to some
> $DESTDIR. Correspondingly, I set CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH to $DESTDIR/include
> and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH to $DESTDIR/lib.
The problem is that FindAkonadi.cmake calls
find_package(Akonadi ... NO_MODULE)
which looks for AkonadiConfig.cmake file installed by Akonadi, and
find_package(... NO_MODULE) ignores CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH. You can ask cmake
developers to look in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH as well.

I think that techbase shouldn't recommend CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH etc.