Installing data files

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 30 16:30:00 CEST 2010

A Diumenge, 30 de maig de 2010, Alexander Neundorf va escriure:
> On Saturday 29 May 2010, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dijous, 27 de maig de 2010, Allen Winter va escriure:
>
> > > I don't think GLOBing does anything to create proper dependencies.
> > > So you need to be a bit careful using it.
> > >
> > > For just installing data files, I think it seems pretty safe though.
> >
> > Though unless you touch the cmake files so that cmake is rerun the new
> > files won't get installed as the globing is done on cmake time not on
> > install time so new files after cmake run are not detected (at least that
> > is what happened some time ago, no idea if was fixed)
>
> As you say, the globbing happens at cmake time, and adding or deleting
> files from a directory doesn't cause cmake to rerun, so cmake doesn't pick
> up those files automatically.
> That's the documented behaviour, there's nothing which needs to be "fixed"
> here.

Well, the thing that is documented behaviour doesn't mean it is the expected
behaviour, i for one would expect it to pick up new files, it's only
experience that told me that new files are not picked up, but i guess this is
mostly off topic here.

Albert