DocBook XML & XSL: new dependencies

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed May 26 19:59:18 CEST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> Ok, stupid question.
>>> Now I actually tried to build kdelibs again, and it failed because the
>>> docbook stuff wasn't found.
>>> The given link in the error message is http://docbook.org/schemas/4x.html
>>> So, what should I download from there ?
>>
>> It's not so easy from that link, I changed the URL to something more
>> useful.
>
> Ok.
>
> About FindDocBookXSL.cmake:
> it looks a bit unspecific to me to search for a file named "VERSION". Can we
> search for another, more specific file ?
> Maybe lib/lib.xsl ?
You should blame upstream for this :)
VERSION, despite its name, it's an xml file.

> About FindDocBookXML.cmake:
> Right now only version 4.2 works for KDE ?
> Is there a reason why the variables have this "CURRENT" part in their name ?
Because we *could* plan a migration to a newer version (i.e. 4.5), but in this
case we should probably keep the old version for older documents. Is the
advice concerning the versioned find_package still valid with this new
information?

> Also, why do you put DOCBOOKXML_CURRENTDTD_VERSION in the cache ? And why
> as "INTERNAL" ?
I put it in the cache to be able to use it later. INTERNAL because I'm still a
beginner with cmake and it seemed to me the right value.

Regards
--
Luigi