/usr/local/include in _KDE4_PLATFORM_INCLUDES on FreeBSD?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:03:06 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 17:53:49 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:

> > > I guess this is because /usr/include is part of CMAKE_[C|
> > > CXX]_IMPLICIT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES, which is set in
> > > cmake/Modules/Platform/UnixPaths.cmake.
> > > Maybe the compiler/gcc could be queried instead so the list is built
> > > dynamically. This is done now already for the Eclipse generator, see
> > > cmake/Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake
> > >
> > > What do you think about this ?
> >
> > Looking at CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake, that'd mean querying gcc with -dD,
> > right? That sounds good and reasonable IMO.
>
> At the time when UnixPaths.cmake is loaded, the compiler is not yet know.
> So doing this would have to happen at a later point, maybe in
> Modules/Compiler/GNU.cmake (or in FindKDE4Internal.cmake).
>
> Can you try to come up with a patch ?

Doing that in Modules/* would mean building CMake from git, posting a patch to
its bugzilla and not running any stable version until it's applied and a new
release is made; doing that in FindKDE4Internal.cmake means I can simply
commit that to trunk after review, right? :)

Is it OK to override/extend variables such as
CMAKE_{C,CXX}_IMPLICIT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES in WhateverNotInCMakeItself.cmake?