new scripts to drive nightly builds available, please try

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun May 2 11:03:36 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 22:05:01 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in KDE svn in kdesdk/cmake/nightly-support/ there are now in the subdirs
> > KDE/ and kdesupport/ new ctest scripts available for running nightly
> > builds.
> >
> > Compared to the previous way with the ctest-scripts part of each module,
> > running the nightly builds should be easier this was.
> > It's not necessary anymore to have the module in question checked out,
> > just check out kdesdk/nightly-support/ and everything should be there.
> > Also, they are all using anonsvn now.
> >
> > I started writing up some documentation how to use the dashboards and how
> > to run them:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/DashboardBuilds
>
> So, is anybody except me already using these scripts ?
> Any issues or wishes ?

Sorry, had no time to try or even look at it yet :-(

My Linux build still runs on a simple shell script, my Windows/mingw build
died two weeks ago after what looked like an attempt by emerge to update the
compiler, need to find time to update that to use the built-in cdash
reporting of emerge anyway. My Maemo builds never really got started due to
still unsolved VM issues with our new build server (Patrick, are you reading
this? ;-) ).

But there is one good news as well, Björn Ricks from Intevation is working on
integrating cdash reporting into their continuous Debian and Maemo package
building process for the KDE PIM stack. We managed to solve the remaining
issues last friday I think [1], so this should hopefully go live next week. It
would eventually cover stable branches of kdelibs and kdebase-runtime as well
as latest trunk of akonadi, kdepimlibs and kdepim, both for the desktop and
mobile profiles.

regards
Volker

[1] It would be nice if it would be possible to pass additional arguments to
ctest when using e.g. make Experimental in some way. In our case we needed to
add "-V" since the existing package build process around all that expected
full compiler output and only allowed to easily specify a make target, not an
entirely different command (ie. ctest instead of make). Our workaround is to
add a custom target similar to Experimental with the arguments we need.