How build KDE after building Qt with phonon support?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 21:07:57 CEST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 June 2010, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I built Qt with Phonon support some time ago while attempting to create a
>> trivial webkit application using the html5 audio element. The attempt
>> which I didn't manage to get working is here:
>>
>> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-9624
>>
>> Anyway, since building Qt with phonon, I have not been able to build KDE
>> without commenting out the required version from FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
>> I've accidentally committed the patch several times, so I'd really like
>> to resolve this so that I don't carry the patch around any more.
>
> Do you have that newer phonon version installed somewhere ?
> Does CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH help ?
>

> Alex

I installed the master branch of Phonon again, and I seem to be able to
build kdelibs again.

I expect it overwrote the Qt Phonon and I'll have to overwrite it again when
I rebuild Qt again? I'm sure I have reinstalled master again before, so this
is probably what has happened several times now. I install Qt and KDE into
the same prefix.

All the best,

Steve.