How build KDE after building Qt with phonon support?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:58:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I built Qt with Phonon support some time ago while attempting to create a
trivial webkit application using the html5 audio element. The attempt which
I didn't manage to get working is here:

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-9624

Anyway, since building Qt with phonon, I have not been able to build KDE
without commenting out the required version from FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
I've accidentally committed the patch several times, so I'd really like to
resolve this so that I don't carry the patch around any more.

Here's the error I get:

kde-devel at bishop:~/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs{master}$ cmakekde
-- Found Qt-Version 4.7.0 (using /home/kde-devel/kde/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Building kdelibs...
CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:129
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Phonon: Found version "4.3.1", but required is at least
  "4.3.80" (found /home/kde-devel/kde/include)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindPhonon.cmake:35 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:672 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:39 (find_package)

-- Found Qt-Version 4.7.0 (using /home/kde-devel/kde/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Building kdelibs...
CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:129
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Phonon: Found version "4.3.1", but required is at least
  "4.3.80" (found /home/kde-devel/kde/include)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindPhonon.cmake:35 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:672 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:39 (find_package)

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

Any leads?

All the best,

Steve.