[CMake] rpath problems with kdevplatform

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jun 30 17:41:24 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 30 June 2010, Modestas Vainius wrote:

> > > It shouldn't be empty, it is set in FindKDE4Internal.cmake around line
>
> 1000:
> > Ah, apparently thats also been patched out by Debian, didn't see that
> > when comparing with the original file...
> >
> > Re-adding that line does work.
>
> Yes, I went to extremes a bit disregarding apparent expectations of users
> installing from source to different prefix. Softened approach (backport
> from trunk) has not made to the archive yet.
>
> However, I still think that KDElibs should stick to cmake defaults with
> respect to RPATH settings giving users freedom to use RPATH or
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.d/. CMAKE*RPATH* look like candidates
> for users to set rather than projects themselves, don't they?

You can disable RPATH completely via CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH, which is a cache
variable, if it is not disabled, IMO the combination which is set now is the
one which makes it all work correctly.
I don't think somebody would actually want to set this to something different.

We could still make these variables cache variables, then it would be possible
to change them.