[CMake] rpath problems with kdevplatform

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Wed Jun 30 11:07:11 CEST 2010

Hello,

On trečiadienis 30 Birželis 2010 11:33:07 Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > That property is not set (and the global variable CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH)
> > > is empty too, nonetheless one project gets rpath info set in the
> > > installed plugins/executable the other one doesn't.
> >
> > It shouldn't be empty, it is set in FindKDE4Internal.cmake around line
1000:
> Ah, apparently thats also been patched out by Debian, didn't see that
> when comparing with the original file...
>
> Re-adding that line does work.

Yes, I went to extremes a bit disregarding apparent expectations of users
installing from source to different prefix. Softened approach (backport from
trunk) has not made to the archive yet.

However, I still think that KDElibs should stick to cmake defaults with
respect to RPATH settings giving users freedom to use RPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or /etc/ld.so.conf.d/. CMAKE*RPATH* look like candidates for users to set
rather than projects themselves, don't they?

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>