kde4_add_autotest issue (Re: kdesupport/automoc)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 24 22:24:32 CEST 2010

On Thursday 24 June 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 24 June 2010, Christoph Feck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since commit r1141941 the following modules fail to build (using CMake
> > 2.8.1):
> >
> > - 4.4/kdepim
> > - trunk/koffice
> > - kdevelop/quanta
> >
> > The error messages are attached.
> >
> > After fixing 4.4/kdepim (r1141971) I saw more modules failing, and now I
> > am not sure if those should be fixed as well, or if the changes should be
> > reverted? Please decide :)
>
> None of both, the policy stuff has to be done right. I'm looking into it.

Done, r1142396. Automoc4Config.cmake now also sets CMP0002 to OLD (as the
error message actually also says).
Since 2.6.3, when invoking a macro or function, the policy settings are active
as they were at the place where the maco/function was defined, i.e. as they
are in Automoc4Config.cmake. So we set CMP0002 to OLD here now too, this is
done already in FindKDE4Internal.cmake, but the
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.4) resets this.
By putting the cmake_policy(PUSH/POP) at the top and bottom of the file we
ensure that the policy settings don't escape Automoc4Config.cmake.