Build failure: makekdewidgets not found (trunk, Qt 4.7)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 21 21:46:59 CEST 2010

On Sunday 20 June 2010, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild KDE and, every time I start a clean build, I run into
> trouble that didn't exist before.
>
> This time is this build failure in kdebase:
> [ 75%] Generating ksignalplotterwidgets.cpp
> /bin/sh: KDE4_MAKEKDEWIDGETS_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND: command not found
>
> The variable KDE4_MAKEKDEWIDGETS_EXECUTABLE is not in the cache. I could
> find it in FindKDE4Internals.cmake, but no one on IRC understands what this
> line is supposed to do:
>
> get_target_property(KDE4_MAKEKDEWIDGETS_EXECUTABLE
> ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}makekdewidgets      LOCATION_${_firstConfig})

Actually I thought that the comments in FindKDE4Internal.cmake should explain
what you are looking for:

----------8<--------------8<-------------------8<--------------

# now include the file with the imported tools (executable targets)
# Having the libs and tools in two separate files should help with cross
# compiling.
include(${kde_cmake_module_dir}/KDELibs4ToolsTargets.cmake)

# get the build CONFIGURATIONS which were exported in this file, and use just
# the first of them to get the location of the installed executables
get_target_property(_importedConfigurations
         ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}kconfig_compiler IMPORTED_CONFIGURATIONS )
list(GET _importedConfigurations 0 _firstConfig)

get_target_property(KDE4_KCFGC_EXECUTABLE
    ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}kconfig_compiler    LOCATION_${_firstConfig})
get_target_property(KDE4_MEINPROC_EXECUTABLE
    ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}meinproc4           LOCATION_${_firstConfig})
get_target_property(KDE4_KAUTH_POLICY_GEN_EXECUTABLE
    ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}kauth-policy-gen    LOCATION_${_firstConfig})
get_target_property(KDE4_MAKEKDEWIDGETS_EXECUTABLE
    ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}makekdewidgets      LOCATION_${_firstConfig})

I'll add some more lines to it.

Also, this page on techbase gives some more context on the exporting and
importing of targets:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake_KDE_4_2#New:_Exporting_and_importing_targets