Automoc4

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jul 26 22:48:39 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010, Michael Jansen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just noticed this line in automoc
>
> 	if(NOT  _generated  AND NOT  _skip)
>
> Which means .h and .cpp files are ignored if they are generated and not
> automocced (?). Which i can't eyplain myself why and which bites me a bit.
> I try to automoc generated sources.
>
> If i give some files to automoc and don't explicitely tell it to skip them
> then why does it skip them?
>
> Anyone an idea why this is there?

Have to check for the details again...

If they are generated, is there a dependency which ensures that they already
exist when automoc runs ?
This maybe have been the reason IIRC.

Just run moc directly on generated files, you probably already have a macro
for generating them anyway, so calling qt4_wrap_cpp() directly for this file
in that macro shouldn't be a problem.