need help building Trunk

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Jul 25 19:15:17 CEST 2010

I personally would advice

kdesrc-build (http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/)
build-tool
(http://michael-jansen.biz/build-tool)

for the first steps in building kde. If you have enough
experience you can switch to doing the builds manually if you insist. Just for the learning
experience.

You have to build all of kdesupport/ before compiling kdelibs. Yes it is sometimes
possible to just build kdelibs with all of kdesupoport coming from distro-packages but is it as
likely to fail when following trunk.

Mike

On Sunday 25 July 2010 16:53:20 Aaron Peterson
wrote:
> Looking for appropriate place to get help building KDE so I can play
> with KDE libs, and
initial set up of an appropriate IDE.

> Attempting to do trunk under kubuntu 10.04, Live in
Seattle area. Need
> better way to share trials and tribulations than on IRC when everybody
> is
busy.

>  Techbase wiki needs updating,
> Iintend to make lists of dpkg --get-selections and
copies of
> configuration files so that building KDE is not a barrier to getting
> involved.

Also interested in Project Neon, if there really are ppa's for
> kde-development environment.

-AaronPeterson