cmake of kdelibs fails because of shared-desktop-ontologies 0.5

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 11:25:57 CEST 2010

On 05.07.10 10:35:12, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for openSUSE 11.2 there are packages for shared-desktop-ontologies 0.5,
> but not for 0.4. Unfortunately, kdelibs 4.5 appears to require sdo 0.4:
>
> -- Found SharedDesktopOntologies: /usr/share/ontology  (found version
> "0.5.0", required is "0.4")
>
> Is this intentional or is this an oversight?

I don't see where the problem is here, "required" is always an expression
of "minimum required version", not "exact required version". At least
usually.

However in this particular case the sdo-developers have the "last say" in
which versions are compatible, by providing a
SharedDesktopOntologiesConfigVersion.cmake file (see man cmake,
find_package paragraph about the Config mode). So apparently that file
defines that both versions are compatible.

The only exception to this is when the EXACT keyword is used to
find_package, but this is not the case in kdelibs (as far as I can see).

Andreas

--
You can create your own opportunities this week.  Blackmail a senior executive.