cmake kdelibs bails out if dbusmenu-qt is missing

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 11:12:34 CEST 2010

On 05.07.10 10:56:16, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using CMake 2.6.4. When I tried to cmake kdelibs 4.5 it bailed out
> with the following error instead of properly reporting the missing
> package:
>
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:139
> (MESSAGE):
>   Could not find dbusmenu-qt; available at
>   http://people.canonical.com/~agateau/dbusmenu/ (missing:
>   DBUSMENUQT_LIBRARIES DBUSMENUQT_INCLUDE_DIR)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   cmake/modules/FindDBusMenuQt.cmake:34
> (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>   CMakeLists.txt:112 (find_package)

Uhm, that is actually a proper report of whats missing. It tells you what
wasn't found and where you can get it from. The reason it stops cmake'ing
at that point is because missing to find required dependencies is
considered a fatal error. See cmake's documentation for
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.

Andreas

--
You're a card which will have to be dealt with.