Serializing possibly resource-intensive tasks such as meinproc

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 26 16:39:55 CET 2010

Em Terça-feira 26 Janeiro 2010, às 14:34:43, Stephan Kulow escreveu:
> Am Dienstag 26 Januar 2010 schrieb David Faure:
> > I often heard complaints that icecream is also launching too many "ld"
> > jobs on the local machine at the same time; shouldn't icecream serialize
> > that too, already, given that this -does- go through icecream already?
> > I'm a bit confused as to why ld wouldn't be serialized but meinproc
> > would be, somehow.
>
> icecream serializes everything that goes through it, yes. If there are ld
> jobs, then these ld calls where not icecream jobs.

Also remember that top/ps will show "ld" for each icecream process that is
running, including those waiting for clearance from the scheduler to continue.

So, yes, you will have a lot of ld. But only 1 or 2 of them will be running.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358