getgrouplist error Mac patch

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:55:48 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Mike Arthur <mike at mikearthur.co.uk> wrote:
>> http://pastebin.ca/1737071
>
> Sorry, I'm confused. Is this building KDELibs under Macports or compiling by hand? Also, is this your patch or the patch by Macports?

I'm finally having a chance to update the Fink packages to something
modern, and I hit the same issue building 4.4rc1 -- my patch is
slightly different, however.  It works fine by changing the test to:

  check_symbol_exists(getgrouplist "unistd.h;grp.h" HAVE_GETGROUPLIST)
# kdecore/fakes.c

(I don't know if this has implications otherwise, but I'm assuming
it's pretty safe to say unistd.h is on every KDE-supporting
platform...?)

The symptom is that since the getgrouplist function is defined in
unistd.h (and it's not pulled in properly by grp.h) on OSX, it thinks
that getgrouplist doesn't exist, and it tries to use the kdecore fake
version instead, which then causes conflicts at link-time.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development

Blog: http://www.raccoonfink.com/