FindPoppler wired failure

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Mon Jan 11 19:23:14 CET 2010

Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> On Monday 11 January 2010, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
>> Christoph Feck schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>> Can you please check the attached patch?
>>
>> @Alex:
>> The patch is just an educated guess, e.g. I don't know if this could
>> break for other targets like KDE (since they might be imported in a
>> different manner than Qt?). If not please commit it.
>
> Looks good.
> The attached patch here additionally adds a check whether
> LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES are actually set or the imported target.
>
> Please let me know if this fixes your problem (if not, please post the actual
> problem, I didn't see it on the initial email)
That should be enough.
The initial error was like this:

- -- Performing Test HAVE_POPPLER_0_6
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
Qt4__QTCORE
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
Qt4__QTGUI
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
Qt4__QTXML
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
_linkInterfaceLibs
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
    linked by target "cmTryCompileExec" in directory
C:/kde/kde-mingw4/build/kde/kdegraphics-20080202/work/mingw4-Release-svnHEAD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

( taken from
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/nightly/20100109/logs/log-mingw4-kde_kdegraphics.txt
)

The error was reproducable on Windows & Linux & according to Christoph
it also works under Linux with this patch.

So please commit & backport in case the new FindQt4.cmake also made it
into 4.4 branch.

regards,
Patrick