Stumped: strigi's FindCLucence.cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 2 16:39:08 CET 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010, Mike Arthur wrote:
> On 2 Jan 2010, at 13:41, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Strigi in kdesupport now wants clucene v0.9.21b.  My distro does not
> > provide that version. So I installed it myself in /usr/local.
> >
> > But, no matter how much I hack on
> > kdesupport/strigi/cmake/FindCLucene.cmake, I can't get CMake to find the
> > version in /usr/local.. it always finds the version in /usr
> >
> > Finally, I removed the distro's libclucene-dev package -- which worked.
> > This doesn't seem correct to me: we should be able to keep multiple
> > versions installed and have a way to tell CMake which to use.

Since CMake 2.8.0 /usr/local/ is checked before /usr/, all CMake versions
before that first check /usr/ and then /usr/local/.

So, once we require cmake 2.8.0 or 2.8.1 (maybe KDE 4.5 or 4.6) this would
work automatically.
For now, you can either upgrade to cmake 2.8.0, (just download and unpack
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.0-Linux-i386.tar.gz e.g.
to /opt/ ), or setting the environment variable CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to
contain /usr/local/ should also work.

> You should be able to use PATHS or HINTS to point it to the correct
> location. If not, I find it's easier to manually set the CLUCENE_*
> variables myself.

E.g. using "cmake-gui ." in the (existing) build dir (or make edit_cache).