strigi doesn't build anymore on FreeBSD

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:39:37 CET 2010

On Friday 01 January 2010 17:32:07 Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> But if I have understood correctly, what we are trying to do is
> *check* if the third-party libraries our libraries/applications use
> are reentrant.
Are you sure?

The #ifdef check in libxml2 is inside an #if 1 or #if 0 block which, I assume,
is set accordingly if you enable thread support in its configure script; if
libxml2 isn't thread-safe at all LIBXML_THREAD_ENABLE will never be defined
anyway.

Besides, basically at least on Linux all programs would be assumed to be
reentrant by default since _POSIX_C_SOURCE is set by glibc.