branches/KDE/4.4/kdenetwork/kopete

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Feb 24 05:39:44 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010 17:38:18 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 18 February 2010, Frank Schaefer wrote:
> > SVN commit 1092225 by fschaefer:
> >
> > Make libv4l mandatory on Linux
> >
> > Too many devices are not working properly without it.
> > See discussion on the kopete-devel-mailinglist (Jan/Feb 2010).
>
> So if I want to use plain simple jabber chat I have to install all sorts of
> video stuff? What sense does this make?

I really don't want to discuss this again. If you want to compile without
libv4l support, please fix it and submit a patch. I'm not interested in
maintaining a ton of conditional compilation stuff for things our users expect
us to have (especially considering how much they rant at us when we don't
support a certain webcam)
--
Matt