KDE/kdenetwork/kopete

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 20 03:34:23 CET 2010

Frank Schaefer wrote:
> Make libv4l mandatory again on Linux
>
> Too many devices are not working properly without it.
> See discussion on the kopete-devel-mailinglist (Jan/Feb 2010).

Um... why?

GGZ does't work without its libs, but kdegames doesn't make it
mandatory. Lots of auth stuff doesn't work without polkit-qt, but it
isn't mandatory.

I have reverted this patch locally as there is no libv4l2 on Fedora and
I have no webcam. Why should I jump through hoops for a feature I will
never use?

I don't care if you disable the entire webcam subsystem if libv4l2 is
missing (with a big fat warning, of course), I only need to send and
recieve text via jabber. Not even voice, much less video.

--
Matthew
Oops. -- Shannon Foraker (David Weber, Ashes of Victory)