kdesupport rpath issues

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Feb 12 19:59:14 CET 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 12 February 2010, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > I'm on Fedora 12, using cmake-2.8.0
> >
> > For me, building many kdesupport items, I end up with binaries and
> > libraries that have rpaths containing /usr/lib64 (or /usr/lib on 32 bit).
> > As I understand it, normal system library paths shouldn't be rpath'd.
>
> What's the install directory in this case ?

Well, with install prefix = /usr I was able to reproduce it.
I committed a check to kdesupport/akonadi/CMakeLists.txt so that
LIB_INSTALL_DIR is only added to the RPATH if it is not part of the
CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES variable.

Can you please check that it does what you want for akonadi, and if so, do it
also for the other projects in kdesupport ?