kdesupport rpath issues

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Feb 12 16:36:31 CET 2010

I'm on Fedora 12, using cmake-2.8.0

For me, building many kdesupport items, I end up with binaries and libraries
that have rpaths containing /usr/lib64 (or /usr/lib on 32 bit).  As I
understand it, normal system library paths shouldn't be rpath'd.

I've seen this so far trying to build:  akonadi, attica, strigi, soprano

Is this expected?

(At first I thought it to be a generalized cmake problem, but I've also
tested several other non-kdesupport cmake-based projects without problems,
including libmusicbrainz, openjpeg, qcomicbook)

-- Rex