Please review: cmake check for Cagibi

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Aug 24 21:21:08 CEST 2010

Mardi, le 24 août 2010, à 20:02, Maciej Mrozowski a écrit:
> On Tuesday 24 of August 2010 02:34:05 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Mardi, le 24 août 2010, à 01:24, Yury G. Kudryashov a écrit:
> > > BTW, what about adding one more parameter to m_l_f that tells whether
> > > dependency is a runtime dep (default to FALSE)? Or even add another
> > > macro because "required" flag MUST be FALSE for runtime dependencies?
> > > Then we'll be able to say:
> > > == THE FOLLOWING RUNTIME DEPENDENCIES ARE MISSING ON YOUR SYSTEM ==
> >
> > That might be indeed most useful and nice to have, I agree (non-packager,
> > but self-compiler :) ).
>
> Otherwise listing runtime-only dependencies in README file is just as good
> (what said kajonggh does for instance).
>
> It's even better than CMake checks in case all runtime-only dependencies
> are met (so no missing deps are reported) - as packager is not aware of
> them.

True, good hint. So if packagers do read README file, than I will add one,
too. Hm, should then be kdebase/runtime/README, or can I ever expect some
packager to read kdebase/runtime/kioslave/network/README?

Might be good if this could be standardized.
I still like Yury's proposal for that, as it integrates into the log creation,
so all dependencies can be seen at one place, no need to search somewhere
else. I guess Yury also had the second listing in mind,
== THE FOLLOWING RUNTIME DEPENDENCIES ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUR SYSTEM ==
:)

Cheers
Friedrich
--