Please review: cmake check for Cagibi

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Aug 24 02:46:16 CEST 2010

Mardi, le 24 août 2010, à 01:08, vous avez écrit:
> Hi,
>
> Le 23/08/2010 21:53, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > following up to my and your emails on "How to test for a D-Bus run-time
> > dependency?" last tuesday here please find and then comment on my
> > proposal to test for the existance of cagibi during the build, so there
> > is some hint at every build of kdebase on this optional dependency.
>
> As explained last week, you shouldn't look for runtime dependencies at
> build time.
>
> If you really want to check if Cagibi is installed, please don't use
> macro_log_feature which is confusing for packagers.
>
> Instead, you may use:
> find_program(CAGIBI_DAEMON NAMES cagibid)
> if(NOT CAGIBI_DAEMON)
> message(STATUS "[a message indicating it is a runtime dep]")
> endif()
>
> and you don't need the FindCagibi.cmake file anymore.

Hm, as proposed I took a look at kajonggh and how it handles with it Python
dependency, so took FindTwisted.cmake as template.

The problem I see with just a message(STATUS "blah") is that it might be
overseen in all that logging during the checks, or?

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta