Please review: cmake check for Cagibi

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 01:08:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 23/08/2010 21:53, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> following up to my and your emails on "How to test for a D-Bus run-time
> dependency?" last tuesday here please find and then comment on my proposal to
> test for the existance of cagibi during the build, so there is some hint at
> every build of kdebase on this optional dependency.

As explained last week, you shouldn't look for runtime dependencies at
build time.

If you really want to check if Cagibi is installed, please don't use
macro_log_feature which is confusing for packagers.

Instead, you may use:
find_program(CAGIBI_DAEMON NAMES cagibid)
if(NOT CAGIBI_DAEMON)
message(STATUS "[a message indicating it is a runtime dep]")
endif()

and you don't need the FindCagibi.cmake file anymore.

Christophe.