FindPolkitQt-1 and multiple prefixes

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:19:40 CEST 2010

On Friday 13 August 2010 09:16:53 Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Current FindPolkitQt-1 ends with:
> set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR
> ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/polkit-1/actions)
>
> Then kdelibs caches this value (to
> ${kdelibs_install_prefix}/share/polkit-1/actions) and this cached value is
> used in other modules. As a result, if I want to install each module into a
> dedicated prefix (and then graft them), it tries to install polkit action
> files into kdelibs prefix.
>
> I propose to replace this line with
> set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR share/polkit-1/actions)
>
> Then it will cache "share/polkit-1/actions" and install anything into the
> right prefix.

I'll leave Alex the last word on that, but consider that the install directory
should be actually forced to /usr/share/polkit-1/actions to make polkit work
(I know, it's a shame, but it probably won't change). Adding such a thing
would create even more mess, imho.

In addition, consider that polkit actions should be considered as system
files, and not part of a specific module or program: the whole concept is that
the administrator should explicitly allow a certain program to register a set
of actions through those files.