[Kde-maemo] kdelibs modularizing (kde-mobile)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Apr 27 08:42:05 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 18:51:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 12 April 2010, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 April 2010 19:34:14 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Doesn't look too bad, but I wouldn't commit it before there is
> > > something which also uses this.
> >
> > Well, it's chicken and egg problem. We kind need it in order to start the
> > efforts of cutting deps and so on which will use the content of this
> > patch.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Actually, the sooner it gets in, the sooner I can really start doing the
> > dependency cuts.
>
> How about putting it in together with the first use of it ?

Wise man you are. While working on cutting deps in libplasma which is a nice
guinea pig there, I reworked the cmake related parts.

There's two things the previous patch wasn't up to:
 - Keeping the high level controlling variable (profile and platform features)
out of the C++ realm by default;
 - Easily finding out from cmake what was the profile of kdelibs (which other
modules forming our platform should follow, kdepimlibs for instance but
probably others).

So I took a different path, namely shipping an extra KDEPlatformProfile.cmake
with kdelibs just like we ship a KDELibsDependenciesFile.cmake right now.

Please find attached two patches against kdelibs (I left out the purely C++
related changes in libplasma that Aaron already reviewed).
kdelibs_cmake_profiles.patch are the changes to our overall kdelibs build with
the new profile file installation, kdelibs_plasma_profiles.patch shows the
changes we would do to a lib build to take care of the platform features
declared by the profile.

Please let me know if they're good to go. On my side they're ready to be
committed.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net