[RFC] Requiring CMake 2.6.3 or 2.6.4 for KDE 4.5

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 20:06:04 CEST 2010

On 12 Apr 2010, at 18:51, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> So, these are the two main points, which are not really major issues, but
> mainly they cause work. Upgrading the required cmake version to 2.6.3 would
> avoid this, and according to the poll less than 10% of our developers would
> have to update their cmake.

There's also all the improved Find*.cmake modules, they make me happy :)

> So, opinions ?

Seems good to me. Considering the mayhem around SDO and Attica, I'd be really surprised if anyone complained.

> For the KDE 4.6 cycle, maybe we'll require CMake 2.8.2 or 2.8.3. I think we'll
> need some new feature in cmake for fine grained success reporting in nightly
> builds of KDE modules. Probably also git support. This would be a big
> upgrade, and I don't want to do that too often, so only if it is really
> necessary.
>
> Opinions ?

Also seems like a good idea to me, there would be a fair amount of benefit as a result so why not go for it.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur