KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Sep 2 20:25:08 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 1 September 2009 21:29:31 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > SVN commit 1015825 by ervin:
> >
> > OK, my previous claim for r1015454 was wrong. The new behavior breaks
> > old file in many more cases.
>
> Why do we need this option ? Are there otherwise name collisions ?

In this particular case no collision. It's just to achieve some consistency in
the includes between the build time and once installed. Once installed the
generated file end up in a core subdir. So third party can do:
#include <.../core/settings.h>
I just find it confusing that from within the project I have to make my
includes differently:
#include ".../settings.h"

Then my consistency OCD triggers and I end up patching our CMake macros to
ease my pain. :-)

Now what I was commenting is that, in the past I *had* collisions for a
similar case (although it was about moc files back then). I ended up renaming
quite a lot of files... really painful. I think a similar approach than what I
did for kcfg could be applied for the moc files (and ui files obviously).

> > So activating the new behavior only if the
> > USE_RELATIVE_PATH option is given.
>
> Please document USE_RELATIVE_PATH at the top of FindKDE4Internal.cmake.

OK, done (r1019060).

> Can you please check whether you can use if(IS_ABSOLUTE) and
> file(RELATIVE_PATH) to make the logic easier to understand ?

Hm, right now I don't have the module where I was testing the behavior of this
script, so I'm a bit uneasy about modifying it. Could I get more details on
the change you'd foresee? or point me in the right direction for the macros
you propose me to use?

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."