[kopete-devel] kdenetwork - unnecessary find_package(KdepimLibs REQUIRED)

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 21:53:00 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 18:47:38 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 October 2009 19:33:54 Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
> > > On Thursday 22 of October 2009 18:44:15 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
[...]
> > > - removed support for standalone krdc compilation - doesn't work well
> > > as it needs cmake modules from kdenework/cmake anyway.
>
> The krdc developers should comment on this.

It's supposed to work... Probably it got broken with one of the recent chagnes
(telepathy?). Anyway, I would like to keep this "feature" since it makes it
easier work with a IDE. It's not fundamental IMHO, but a nice feature. I will
try to fix it in a nice way ASAP (probably this weekend?). If anyone has a
better way to fix KRDC standalone build, feel free to work on it.

[...]
> > I dislike the STREQUAL stuff. if (NOT INSIDE_KDENETWORK) is about a
> > bazillion times easier to read. I'd rather use kdenetwork_SOURCE_DIR or
> > whatever it is that gets generated by the "project(kdenetwork)" call.
> > Seriously, does having an extra variable actually add that significant of
> > a cost?
>
> No, but it would be nicer to use one of the two more generic methods, where
> you don't create a new mechanism.

What's the "best practice" for such standalone-builds? What do you suggest?

Bye
urs