KDE/kdebase/workspace

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 12 13:54:41 CEST 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 11 October 2009, Michael Jansen wrote:

> > > "part of a module" like kdebase/runtime/, kdebase/workspace/,
> > >  kdebase/apps/, which we were talking about.
> >
> > Ah. i consider kdebase-runtime one module. kdebase-workspace one module
> > and kdebase-apps is one module too.
> >
> > Do you consider them parts of the same module?
>
> Yes, the kdebase module.

Users get 3 different tarballs though. So we do ship it as
"3 modules".

Not that I can see any reason why someone would want to install
each module in a separate dir; seems to be mostly used by people
who work on one module (e.g. kdepim, or koffice). So those are developers,
who can indeed install all of kdebase into one prefix. OK so basically I
agree :-)