Broken compilation of KDENetwork module for excessive period of time due to Kopete

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:36:26 CEST 2009

Hello list,

Since commit 1010594, I have been unable to build the KDENetwork
module, due to changes to the Kopete WLM plugin.
This is because the changes included an addition to the dependencies,
but the CMake find file for this dependency does not check that the
required version is present on the system.

Build Error Message:

/home/trunk/kdesvn/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/wlm/wlmchatsession.cpp:
In constructor ‘WlmChatSession::WlmChatSession(Kopete::Protocol*,
const Kopete::Contact*, Kopete::ContactPtrList,
MSN::SwitchboardServerConnection*)’:
/home/trunk/kdesvn/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/wlm/wlmchatsession.cpp:144:
error: ‘ms_snd_card_manager_get_default_capture_card’ was not declared
in this scope

Is there anything that can be done about this? The original committer
has ceased communicating with me, and does not appear to have solved
the problem. I have completely recreated the KDENetwork build system
approximately 6 times, and neither time has fixed the issue.

Please CC me, since I am not subscribed.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
System Settings Maintainer
KDE Community Forums Administrator