KDE/kdebase/runtime

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Oct 4 18:38:57 CEST 2009

> Beside that it looks ok.
> Maybe you should start with the minimum what's required, instead of putting
> everything there, not sure.

I will remove everything that has to do with providing libraries and includes.
And keep everything that has to do with runtime stuff.

For the kdebase/apps file i will checkin the complete file. If we do not provide
everything that is needed experience tells me people will just use what is
there instead of adding the missing stuff.

Not many people know how cmake is supposed to be used in kde. And wrong code
works more often that not.

> But maybe Thiago is right and if there is something needed for building
>  from runtime/, then maybe this should be moved somewhere else instead.

Don't think so. nepomuk requires the runtime. As long as there is no standard
that makes it possible to replace nepomuk/strigi daemons with something from
gnome it is difficult to do different.

We could move stuff into runtime from nepomuk-kde or we could move stuff out of
runtime into nepomuk-kde. But if the separation makes sense the dependency is
a must.

Mike