KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:04:58 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009 02:06:58 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 20 November 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> > SVN commit 1051970 by dafre:
> >
> > CCMAIL: kde-buildsystem at kde.org
> >
> > Nevermind, I found out how. Also, probably FindPolkitQt.cmake is another
> > good candidate for non-installation? It could be just copied over to
> > kdebase/workspace/cmake/modules in that case. For me it's more than ok
> > and makes even more sense, as KDE applications are not supposed to take
> > advantage of polkit-qt, but of KAuth instead.
>
> But in kdebase it is still required ?
> We didn't ship it with KDE 4.3, so I'm ok with not installing it.

Yes it is, but it's required only in kdebase and shouldn't be required
anywhere else by any KDE apps (since the only applications needing direct
interaction with polkit are the clients, which reside in kdebase :) ), other
applications such as K3B will move to KAuth when 4.4 comes. So I'd simply
avoid installing it and I would copy it to kdebase/workspace/cmake/modules.
Tell me what you think about it

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer