Moving LibAttica to kdesupport

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 17 21:18:11 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > Next question: is this module actually necessary at all ?
> > Who are the users of it ?
>
> You are right, that so far no applications use attica, but I have a branch
> where KHotNewStuff uses it to implement many features that have been
> requested ages ago. I'd like to merge that to kdelibs in the very near
> future.

Ok. If the only users are in kdelibs, then we need it in kdelibs, but we don't
necessarily also should install it...

> Two plasma applets and

...but this is outside of kdelibs, right ?

> Amarok have local copies of this library at
> the moment and are waiting for a real library.

Yes, I'm not arguing about putting libattica into kdesupport, I just want to
make sure that it's really necessary to install FindAttica.cmake from
kdelibs.