Fwd: extragear/multimedia/k3b/k3bsetup

Michael Jansen info at michael-jansen.biz
Mon Nov 16 23:51:05 CET 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 22:28:47 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 16 November 2009, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > Made a typo in CCMAIL :)
> >

> > SVN commit 1050113 by mjansen:
> >
> > Fix the includes. POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR already contains "PolicyKit".
> >
> > >From FindPolkitQt.cmake
> >
> >   set(POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR ${POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR}/PolicyKit/polkit-qt
> > ${POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR}/PolicyKit/)
> >
> > >From CMakeCache.txt
> >
> >    POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/kde4/trunk/support/include
> >
> > This is confusing. But is it wrong?
>
> What is confusing ?

A developer using FindPolicyKit.cmake wanting to know what POLKITQT_INCLUDE_DIR
is (so he get's his includes right) will see a value in the cache that is not the value
used to compile his code and get's his includes wrong.

I'm currently fixing many bugs along that lines.

> If you just do SET(var value) this doesn't automatically make it into the
> cache.
> You need the CACHE keyword (which puts it in the cache if it's not already
> there) or the CACHE and FORCE keywords, which puts it always in the cache.

Thx for the explanation. But since i'm an absolut cmake noob in that regard i
wondered if it works caching a different value then the one we originilly
retrieved using find_path. I have no ide how that caching works. One of these days
i have to read up on cmakes inner workings and stop dabbling on the surface.

Btw. i just noticed this comes from a copy of FindPolkitQt in k3b. I think i just remove
that one.

Mike