Shipping a find script of a library with the library itself

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Mon Nov 9 17:56:37 CET 2009

Hi,

I want to move my jigsaw puzzle game Palapeli to kdereview very soon. Palapeli
builds on libpala, which offers a plugin interface. The headers for libpala
are therefore public, so I want to ship some FindLibPala.cmake with the
libpala sources, but I think I heard from somebody somewhen that such a
distribution method is not good, because CMake will completely fail to locate
libpala if it is not installed already, resulting in undetailed fatal errors
(IIRC).

Is that right? What should I do then?

Greetings
Stefan