Remove FindBoost.cmake from kdelibs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 5 23:42:19 CEST 2009

On 14.04.09 19:15:17, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as cmake 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 ship with very good FindBoost.cmake files and
> > the module has a dedicated maintainer who quickly responds to
> > bugreports, how about removing the one in kdelibs? If removing is not an
> > option, we should at least update it to the version thats being shipped
> > with CMake 2.6.4.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> It's up to you, you know that module.
> We require CMake >= 2.6.2, so please make sure whatever you do it works with
> CMake 2.6.2.
> (also if you go for updating to the version from CMake 2.6.4, check that
> there's nothing in it which breaks with 2.6.2).

I finally remembered and did this now. There's one problem, the version
in kdelibs already has been updated to include "out of the box" support
for boost 1.37 (1.37 has been added to the _boost_TEST_VERSIONS
variable). While cmake 2.6.2 only has 1.36.1 in it. So all places using
find_package(Boost) would need to be adjusted to set
Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS before finding boost.

I guess that means removing the file is not an option at the moment and
as its pretty close to the release I'll re-tackle this after trunk/ is
open for 4.4, so I don't create any problems just before releasing when
updating the file to the cmake 2.6.4 version.

Andreas

--
You are taking yourself far too seriously.