Detecting Phonon version

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 5 16:03:07 CEST 2009

Em Terça-feira 05 Maio 2009, às 14:10:05, Matthias Kretz escreveu:
> On Sunday 03 May 2009 13:33:19 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Saturday 02 May 2009 5:33:29 am Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I was trying to build kdereview/mplayerthumbs and it requires Phonon
> > > 4.4 (i.e., the trunk/kdesupport version), which is still unreleased.
> > > However, I don't see any checks for the version number anywhere.
> > >
> > > FindPhonon.cmake does print the version number, which means the
> > > checking is possible. But my question is: should we change this? Or
> > > should we simply expect that people use the Phonon version that was (or
> > > will be) released alongside that KDE version, or later?
> >
> > Seems a question for the Release Team and Matthias:
> > Do we require Phonon 4.4 for KDE 4.3?
>
> I'm not planning a Phonon release. Probably Qt Software will do the next
> Phonon feature release together with Qt 4.6.
>
> So, KDE 4.3 should require Phonon 4.3. Everything else needs to be optional
> (I already told Marco about this for mplayerthumbs).

Thanks. By the way, videopreview.so crashes on the gstreamer backend: if he
added a feature to the Xine backend, he should add to the other backends as
well. Or at least post to kdemultimedia asking for help (which he didn't). I
only found out about this by accident: I happened to do tail -f ~/.xsession-
errors while using Dolphin in a directory with .avi files.

Anyways, we're still not clear whether we'll need a new minor release of
Phonon with Qt 4.6. I think so, because of the S60 backend, but we'll see.

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358