using check_cxx_source_runs

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Fri Mar 13 00:22:49 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 20:55:20 Leo Franchi wrote:

> #include <KDE/KApplication>
> #include <KDE/KAboutData>
> #include <KDE/KCmdLineArgs>
> #include <QtScript/QScriptEngine>
> #include <QtCore/QStringList>
>
> #define FAIL 0xA
>
> int main(int argc, char **argv)
> {
>      KAboutData about( "findgeneratorplugins", "", ki18n("Generator
> Exists?"), "1.0", ki18n("Find if the QtScript Plugins Are Installed"),
> KAboutData::License_LGPL_V2 );
>      KCmdLineArgs::init( argc, argv, &about );
>      KApplication app;
>
>      QStringList allowedBindings;
>      allowedBindings << "qt.core" << "qt.gui" << "qt.sql" << "qt.xml"
> << "qt.uitools" << "qt.network";

This code looks like it requires access to X at least on linux and other such
operating systems.

At least the debian autobuilders do not have access to X when building
packages, and probably other distributions will have same issues, along with
people compiling kde things as one user while running a X session under a
different user.

I think something here needs to be redesigned to not require access to X
during build.

/Sune
--
I cannot cancel the provider of a cable, how does it work?

From ICQ XP you neither must ping a printer, nor must boot the shell and you
can't forward to a laser CD fan over the Direct3D directory, in such way
therefore you can never load to the mouse, so that from Netscape you either
never have to forward from a virus, or should get access over the system on a
sendmail to a 4-bit AGP operating system over the desktop in order to debug a
LCD driver.