using check_cxx_source_runs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Thu Mar 12 22:19:58 CET 2009

n 12 Mar 2009, at 20:12, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Thursday 12 March 2009, Leo Franchi wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 2009, at 19:49, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> Can you please post a minimal example ?
>>> So I can just try and see what goes wrong ?
>>

>> and the cmake stuff is this:
>>
>> include(CheckCXXSourceRuns)
>>
>> file( READ "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/modules/
>> QtScriptBindingsTest.cpp" source )
>> message(STATUS "Checking if the QtScript Qt Bindings are installed.")
>>
>> #set( BINDINGS_RUN_RESULT -10 )
>> set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_DEFINTIONS ${QT_DEFINITIONS} ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS} )
>> set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES ${QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR} $
>> {QT_QTSCRIPT_INCLUDE_DIR} ${KDE4_INCLUDES})
>> set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES QtScript kdeui)
>
> I guess you tried ${QT_QTSCRIPT_LIBRARY} and ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS} ?

First of all, apologies for the confusing emails. I've been hitting my
head against this for a while, so what came out was probably pretty
garbled and only made half sense.

I didn't have a completely clean build dir (I guess on that test I had
just removed CMakeCache.txt) and also I couldn't figure out why $
{KDE4_KDECORE_LIBS} didn't work. For some reason here the
KDE4_KDE*_LIBS variables resolve to something like KDE4__kdeui instead
of the actual path to the library. However, I worked around it by
passing it ${KDE4_LIB_DIR} -lkdecore -lkdeui.

cheers,
leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680