FILE(REMOVE) and FILE(APPEND) don't resolve relative filenames the same way

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Mar 6 17:37:05 CET 2009

David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 06 March 2009, Brad King wrote:
>> If every Qt project needs something like this, wouldn't it make more sense for
>> Qt itself to provide an executables with the capabilities of kde4automoc?
>
> Why would Qt do that? They still use and provide QMake (which includes this
> functionality), they don't have much interest in cmake, unfortunately...

So qmake does it if you specify your build in their format, but provides no API
to get the information otherwise?  (FYI, I've never done any Qt development.)

> On the other hand, cmake provides a FindQt4.cmake and QT_WRAP_CPP,
> but it looks like a half solution. It only handles one case (separate .moc
> for a .h), not the other 3 cases:
> C2 - separate moc file for a .cpp,
> C3 - #included moc file for a .h, and
> C4 - #included moc file for a .cpp.

This sounds like another great candidate for an issue tracker feature request
if there isn't one already.

BTW, I've committed a fix to CMake to make file(REMOVE) and file(APPEND)
treat relative paths the same way, and scheduled it for 2.6.4.

-Brad